Re: Rumbly rough running

First off, What's a Dizzy? On to the problem, make sure the frequency
valve is buzzing. Put the timing light back on and check the vacuum
advance AND the mechanical advance. To do it first plug the vacuum
hose to the distributer. Now with the light on and the engine running
watch the timing mark as you increase the speed of the motor, you
should see the mark move. Now reconnect the vacuum hose and try again.
This time you should see a lot more advance. Make sure the air sensor
plate isn't rubbing on the side of the body, it is centered in the
throat. You didn't say you replaced the air filter, pull it out and
inspect it, if it is really dirty replace it. I have to assume that
all the parts you replaced are good and you did it correctly because
if you have a bad spark plug or you switched an ignition wire it could
cause this. Make sure that there is a plug in the spot over the
mixture screw and there are no big vacuum leaks.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757