Re: [DML] Cost for R12 vs. R134

Bob,

When doing any AC service, I would suggest replacing
all of the seals and valves with the newer style
designed for the higher pressure of R-134 (Even though
I am an advocate of sticking with R-12). PJ Grady
sells such a kit. While your at it, replace the
orafice tube too.. If the system has not been open to
the atmosphere, you can reuse the receiver/drier
although I reccomend pulling a vaccume for at least 45
min and apply a little heat (hair dryer) to the drier
canister in the passenger side front wheel well. This
will help get all of the moisture out of it.

Especialy if you are concerned with the high cost of
R-12, it is best to spend the few dollars (and it is
inexpensive) to replace the seals... it will save you
lots of freon in the long term!

<SNIP>.