Re: Best Year?

The difference in years isn't as big a factor in buying the car as
CONDITION. Personal preferences are more important in selecting a year
but the way the car was treated is going to mean more than when it was
made unless you have a particular desire to have black or grey
interior or a gas flap hood, then you will be choosing which year the
car was made indirectly. In general terms the cars made early on had
some quality problems which for the most part were taken care of a
long time ago. The cars made in the middle had better quality? and the
cars made at the end had some unusual combinations of parts and
colors. IMHO the middle to late 82's are the best pick, all other
things being equal. I like the grey interior, the flat hood, the power
antennae, and the flared tailpipes. They also came from the factory
with all of the recalls installed and other subtle improvements.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "powermikeintoshg3"