Re: Water Pipe

As long as you are in there you should definatly replace the seals
("O" rings) on the distribution pipe. Be aware though that there is a
very high liklyhood that you will break the bolts off so be prepared.
You should also clean out the webs in the center of the engine of all
the crud that has accumulated. It would even be a good idea to paint
the area to prevent corrosion. Before you go reassembling the intake
manifold you should fill the cooling system and pressure test to make
sure that there are no leaks. It is very hard to see the area clearly
and impossible to fix any leaks once you put the intake back on.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757