RE: [DML] Lee's Models

 I'm the person who's been trying to mitigate the situation with Lee
Seiler and the Ltd. Edition DeLorean model kits.

As Dave Swingle said, this only involves a small number (~20) of people
and the other 1000+ DML members are not involved. Dave aims to keep the bar
pretty high here and I totally agree with that. I have an unmoderated Yahoo
list just for everyone who has issues with the kits and that's where I've
kept people updated, but I will sum things up here:

I know it's been a long time and I don't want to again go over the whole
story, but I can assure everyone that Lee WILL complete the kits and
everyone who PAID for a kit will get one. I am in the process of taking
possession of the finished kits and I will personally deliver/ship the kits
to the people who paid for them. I have not been involved with the money end
of the kits (except my own) and I can't handle refunds or disputes over the
money.

I've had a few people (3?) contact me that say they paid for kits but I
don't find their names on the list I currently have(old). Lee will be
turning over all the records to me and I will research those to resolve any
discrepancies. IF we come up short, Lee says he will produce the needed
kits.

A couple of things about the kits:

Lee told everyone that the kits were a commissioned artwork, not a product
(see:
www.dmcnews.com/backissues/feb98files/dml334.html), this was in response to
issues that came up early in the production of the kits. It also means Lee
could take as long as he has to, to complete the 'commission'. As long as
there is no intent to fraud, it's not fraud.

Extra parts: Anyone who has a kit and messes up a part or if something is
not right in the kit contents, Lee will replicate the part and send it for
the cost of postage.

When everyone has their kits I'm sure that anyone who wishes to sell theirs
and put the whole process behind them will be able to fetch a hefty sum. One
of the kits that sold on eBay went for $400, not a bad return for a 2-3 year
investment.

Please contact me off-list if you have any questions.

Ken M
Kenm(AT)csus.edu