Spring Cleaning

Hello all.

As an owner of a Delorean, I find this newsgroup as one of the most
concise databases concerning the up keep of the Delorean Motor Car.
Most persons who post and answer posts are helpful and sincere. What
would really take this group to a higher level is a good "Spring
Cleaning.". For example, I have several Delorean parts just lying
around the house collecting dust. Parts that I will probably never
use in my ( of my car's) entire life. The obvious question for me
is how do I rid myself of these parts. I thought of newspaper ads
and I thought of e-bay. As most of you who have taken the first
route, I'm almost certain that you came up with the exact same
conclusion that I received. Newspaper ads mostly attract "deamers"
and not REAL persons who wish to "Live The Dream." "E-bay" just
generates feeding frenzies where the persons selling the parts are
trying hard to become overnight millionares which leads me to say
that I am NOT a millionare, (unless I lived in Turkey).

I suggest a once a year "Spring cleaning" where we, as DMC owners
and members of this group can post, via this mediam, the spare parts
that the person has little or no use for. Of course, it should be
limited to one week a year. Also the price for the parts should be
clearly listed, reasonable and fair. I am willing to post the first
part I own and have no use for, a passenger side rear rotor
(BRAND SPANKING NEW). And yes, I know that I am not going to make a
million dollars selling it, so I would price it at near cost (less
than $65.00).

Just a thought

Peter