AW: [DML] Door Strut Madness

Listen to the moderator !

There are about 170 Bar inside the struts ! I don't know of any small valves
which
withstand this pressure. Don't do it !

Elvis
6548

( Moderators note: I'm sure this will generate several follow ups but in the
interim: DON"T even think about it. Your dealing with very high pressure,
even with old struts. )

A little while ago I read about some special door struts available
elsewhere that are adjustable. I know how to get them, but my
question is could these be made using an old pair of stock struts?
Would it be possible to drill a small hole and pump them up (with
some sort of check valve type fitting)?

Thanks,

Tyler #3472