Re: Polyurethane bushings

Ski - I have installed polyurethane bushings on the front sway bar
attachment to the frame (saddle bushings), and where the sway bar
attaches to the lower control arms (donut bushings). The saddle
bushings were "off the shelf" parts, with some minor "tweaking" to
make them work better in the DeLorean application. The donut bushings
were modified from radius rod bushings for Honda Civic. They have
been thinned down, and the center hole opened up. This change to
urethane has made a huge improvement to the handling and stability of
Winged1, together with the front LCA links mentioned in your other
post. From a "fleet perspective", I have beat my head against the
wall with two major urethane suppliers trying to get a DeLorean
application of all suspension bushings going. I'm still trying.
Email me "offlist" and I can give you some specifics on how I made the
bushings work in my car. There is some workmanship required, so don't
try this at home without a little guidance.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1
TobyP(at)KATEWWDB.com