Re: [DML] WATER PUMP POLL

Mark, your poll may not give you the answers you need. My water pump failed at about 58,000
miles. I responded to your poll, but my response only tells you that it failed and I
replaced it. The survey does not refelect the critical information that if failed very
close to where your car is now.

I believe that you want data on when pumps fail, but you're asking about when they don't
fail.

My two cents:
If you only drive your DeLorean around town you probably don't have to replace the pump
pre-emptively, you can wait until it fails (Never drive witout coolant! You might join AAA
or carry water and antifreeze for the day when you need to limp home). But if you plan on
taking a long drive, now might be a good time to replace your pump.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 01280
Second water pump going strong.