[DML] Re: Mechanically Challenged

If you want to learn how to work on your car but don't have much
experience there are 2 major pitfalls you do not want to fall into.
The first is generally most inexperienced people will try to work on
the car with inadaquate tools. Not only is it frustrating but it also
damages the car and creates safety issues. You must decide if you want
to work on the car some of the money you will save must go toward the
purchase of GOOD tools. The other big problem area is experience. Too
often people will do something very unsafe only because they don't
realize it. The 2 places most get into trouble is lifting the car and
working around the fuel system. Try to get someone with some
experience working on cars to at least coach you as to how to work
safely. Since this is only a hobby to most of us we wouldn't want to
get hurt over it. In the beginning do the simple things to build your
confidence. Watch how other people work and slowly attempt harder
projects. Even "experts" break bolts, damage parts, hurt themselves
etc.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean@xxxx>