Re: This is so frustrating!!!

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Corey Stup <corey@xxxx> wrote:
> > So, I could afford the
> > insurance, but I'd have to find a VERY considerate owner who'd
let me
> > pay in installments, since, being 15, I can't get a loan. I know,
> > shouldn't even be trying without being at least 16...
>
> You shouldn't even be trying without being at least 25.

Corey, I'm 19.
I bought my (first) DeLorean when I was 18. (No- my parents didn't
help-- well not monitarily. My dad's helped a lot repairing my
cars :P )
I looked into buying one the first time right about the age of this
young fellow... It is unrealisitc at 15 or 16.. The insurance is
crazy on a Kia for a youthful driver.. let alone a DeLorean. And
you'd be stupid to go without full coverage.

Unless you know them personally, NO owner will let you pay in
installments. I doubt you'll be able to get a credit line either...
but if so (dispite what some may say) this is the route to go. Build
credit AND Live the Dream.
If you plan on going to college and aren't a made man (IE; inherited
a lot of money) you can't afford DeLorean at 16-25 yrs old. Period.
Unless your company pays for your schoolins and you have a very
fortunate position.

Don't worry about owning a DeLorean now. SAVE MONEY... when you do go
to buy one the 5k + downpayment will be tremondously helpful in
getting credit.

I know what you feel like - I was there 4 years ago. And look at my
DeLorean-owning self now (she's en route to Grady's at present).

You'll get there! Live the Dream!!
James L 4009