Re: Engine replacement

I think instead of trying to find a new engine you should be looking
for a new mechanic!!!!! If you are spending $3k a year on your motor
your mechanic is not doing something right!!!! The engine is one of
the most reliable things in the "D" and once the fuel system is set up
and running properly it is also very reliable. The electrical and
cooling systems are the weak links but with the right kind of service
and care they can be made reliable as well. Get in touch with one of
the Delorean venders or a local group of owners and they can help you
find someone that can get you going right. If you were to change the
motor you will find another whole bunch of issues like who knows what
you have in there, what and where to get parts for it, who can service
it, and what it will be worth when you want to sell the car. It will
cost a whole lot more than $3k to do it too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757