Re: Strange VIN addition

I used to think that these were primarily on 17XXX vin's but they same to be
scattered about on a lot of 1982 and 1983 cars. Does anyone have a 1981
with this plate? I met a guy named Art Royce out at Barrett-Jackson last month
- he was one of the Technical Representatives for the original DMC. I will drop
him an email and see if he remembers the significance of it.

James

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello list-
>
> A fellow DML member noticed an oddity on my car this weekend. Below my
VIN plate there is an additional plate saying "compliance with radio
interference." His D is an '83, and didn't have this. I don't recall ever seeing
this on any car now that he brought it up. There's even a D on ebay which is
pretty close to my VIN... and it doesn't have this plate (I'm 10115, the ebay car
is 10350). I should note that my large VIN plate is higher up on the sill than
normal to accomodate this additional plate. So does anyone know the story
behind all of this?

> Louie Golden
> VIN 10115 Sanford/Charlotte, NC

Don't be left out! Register today for the 2003 DMC Open House Event at
http://www.delorean.com/2003event.asp