2/8 D-A-R-T cruise

Members of the AZ-D cruised up to our new shop in Prescott Valley on
Saturday,
The trip to D-A-R-T was eventful to say the least. It had rained
early in the morning and was raining on and off throughout the cruise up.
We started with two DeLoreans and a Cavalier in Gilbert. 45 minutes
northwest we met another DeLorean and our club President in his trusty
Taurus wagon. From there we headed "up" to Prescott Valley, somewhere
around 5500 feet in elevation and some 85 miles north. For the first time
in it's 20 years my car finally encountered snow, once around 3500 feet and
then again around 5000 feet. Not too bad. The roads were wet but stayed
mainly clear until we got into PV where they had dropped dirt to help keep
the roads free of ice. I'm guessing there was some salt mixed in there too.
The D-A-R-T shop opened specially for us this Saturday. Proprietor
Ryan Gould was there waiting for us as were new club members Rocky, Joey,
and Jonathan. Jonathan's car was there as well and we got to see some
racing history as he bought his car from Arie Lyundyke. Ryan greeted us
with a Krispy Kreme breakfast and then my car went up in the air for some
tweaking. Ryan also gave it a once over and we found a small transmission
fluid leak at the seal. Have to take care of that.... We arrived at 10am
and didn't end up leaving until after dinner at 10pm. Thanks to our
Hawaiian connection of John and Mike for the awesome lunch provided.
Anyway, the day and the cruise were both a success. Most of my
installs were completed on Saturday and went well. I still have a bit more
work that needs to be done so I'll be heading back there next week to have
Ryan finish up everything. He did a lot of electrical wiring and it really
looks nice. Almost all of the wires were run underneath or through the
center console so they are invisible.
I'd like to invite anyone interested in making the trip to come with
us next Saturday, 2/15. I know a few club members need their TABs removed
and replaced as well as some small things here and there. My car should
take about an hour or so to complete so there will be plenty of time.
"Get out and drive" seems to be Ryan's motto and that's just what we
did....:) I highly recommend Ryan for both maintenance and custom work. I
am very pleased with how my car came out and will be back for the finishing
touches. I hope to see you all there!

Matthew, AZ-D VeeP
VINs 10365 and 16816