Re: "Lambda counter" (service interval counter) on speedo cable

Re: "Lambda counter" (service interval counter) on speedo cable

The sole purpose of the lambda counter is to light the idiot light on
the dash every 30,000 miles to remind the owner to have the car
serviced to replace the lambda sensor (and other 30,000 mile service
like tune-up ,etc). It only changes state every 30,000 miles and
needs a manual reset to arm it again after it has tripped. It is not
directly useful in determining vehicle velocity as you would need for
a cruise control pulse generator.

Knut

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207 <brobertson@xxxx>"