Re: [DML] Rebuilding starters

John,
That is true, but you have to know where to get parts and be willing to buy
them wherever. The biggest problem is drives and solenoids' and there is no
sub for them. I have ample supply of both that I bought 3 or 4 years ago, so
when we rebuild it gets new parts. We can also rewind solenoids which some
people won't do. The moral of the story is don't throw away the old parts,
I'll take the old ones and recycle them.
Just like water pumps, I have ample supply of new water pumps which some
people don't and they just want to rebuild them which in most cases is OK.
There isn't much to them.
Anyway just my 2 cents.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< I had a similar problem with the starter, and spoke at
length about it with Warren at DMC (Texas). He said
that many of the internal parts in the starter are
non-existent, and anyone who says they rebuild them
are only disassembling and cleaning them up. ----<snip>