Re: [DML] Engines/Odd+Even fire/Distributors

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Farrar Hudkins fhudkins@xxxx

Contact Pacific Rim Automotive - they used to have a kit which would
convert the DeLorean's odd-firing distributor to an even-firing one.

Reply from :

Martin
#4426 (engine being built without lambda system, but otherwise
identical)

I doubt that very much. Odd or even firing is related to the crank, and
where each piston is in relation to the others - ie in an even fire, each
one will be 60 or maybe 120 degrees out from the next. This in turn affects
the valve timing and therefore the cams. To convert from Odd to even you'd
need to re-fit the crank and cams before the dizzy.

Martin,

Farrar is correct on this one. John Lane from Pacific Rim does make
a kit to fit the Delorean distributor which converts it from an odd fire unit
to an even fire unit. I'm using this kit right now on an engine I'm doing for
a D owner up in Chicago.

Marty