From: James LaLonde <deloreandmcxii@xxxx>
[mailto:deloreandmcxii@xxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2003 1:57 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] So close yet so far - quick question and update

Yay! I'm all done replacing the waterpump and I started the car! Yay! other
than a jump start it started and ran better than ever! Yay! it's leaking
coolant like... something that leaks alot of
coolant.

no wait... that's not a yay.... that's a boo.

Boo! it's leaking coolant like... something that leaks alot of
coolant.

So, stupid me, accidentally pinched an o-ring on the internal
waterpipe to the block without realizing... and reassembled the
whole dang thing. Well I got it all back disassembled... again.

Call me a dumb@$$...
it is safe/worthwhile to put a thin stripe of RTV sealant (silicone)
around the o-ring... or some liquid gasket, to help hold the ring in
place while putting on the water-pipe, and help seal it later? Can
that stuff take the kind of temperatures I'm sure exist down in that
hell between the intake mani. and block?

Thank you, thank you very much!

I learned that no mater how carefully you do every step in such a
big/lengthy job.... you will F it up somewhere.

James L 4009