MOVING INTERSTATE

Just to advise the Aussie 'D' owners of my relocation form New South Wales (NSW) to Queensland (QLD) to take effect 26 Feb. The NSW DeLorean population will decrease from five to four, while the QLD DeLorean population will increase from two to three!

Perhaps someone has an answer this small problem .... while driving my DeLorean to QLD this week, I encountered some problems towards the end of the 1100 km journey when the engine lost power. Seemed it was running on about three cylinders. Up until then, the car ran beautifully.

I stopped and checked the leads etc but couldn't find the problem, but the car started and idled ok. After travelling a further few km, it started to play-up again and with another 200 ks to go and in the dark of night, I was a little worried that I may get stranded. Every 10 k or so, I had to stop for a few minutes with the engine off, then the car would run well for a short time before starting to break-down again.

I finally got to my destination and in the process had considerable time to think about it all. I'm hoping that it's the plug leads breaking down or the plugs and nothing more serious. I noticed that as the ignition played-up, the tacho needle would become slightly erratic, so I'm hoping that there is not a more serious problem there somewhere.

I flew back to Sydney the following morning and therefore won't get a chance to further investigate the problem until the end of Feb.

Lance
Australia