Re: [DML] battery sparks and no-start

Andy. Think about it, By jumping or adding another battery you have almost
doubled the current and the starter as you say still turns over at 80%. Yes,
it will be a little slower when cold. But as I said earlier. Starter drag due
to age and wear. This problem shows up faster when cold. When summer comes
and things heat up
( weather) then it will still strain the battery a little and the drag will
somewhat go away for a while till it get worse. Then as it is has being
pushed to the limit and the drag will start showing up in warmer weather and
then one day it won't turn over.

In the rebuild business, it's starters in the winter and alternators in the
summer
( heat). If you will notice the alternator needle rides normally higher in
the winter than in the summer.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

<< yes i have tried jumping the car also. no start. it only turns over,
sounds
about 80% the usual speed during the summer. i doubt it's dragging - the
DeLorean starter is supposed to be pretty darn bullet proof, right? >>