Re: [DML] DeLorean on Monster Garage - Was: Delorean mention on Jeopardy

Re: [DML] DeLorean on Monster Garage - Was: Delorean mention on Jeopardy!

Ken,

I was absolutely shocked (and mad) when I saw your email. I recently have had some dealings with George Barris regarding my Delorean Time Machine. He wanted to rent it so that he could claim that it was THE Back to the Future Delorean.

He claimed he had "purchased" the rights to make such as claim from Universal Studios. I refused to cooperate in any such advertising unless he showed me proof of his claim.

THe story then changed that he bought one of the original ABC cars from Jay Orberg (who was involved in the original BTTF cars) but it caught on fire and was destroyed. Again, I wanted proof of this and none was provided.

George then threatened me and said if he ever saw my car at a show he would tell the show promoters that my car was a fake and not the Back to the Future Car. !! I said fine because I have never claimed that it is. (As you know, Mine is much better!!1 :-D )

Unfortunately, George Barris is very wealthly and has lots of connections. If he claims to have made a movie car most people believe him. It is just a shame the Monster Garage fell for his false claims.

BOB Brandys
97™ DeLorean Time Machine.