Re: Hello fellow DMC enthusiasts!

> I can't recall ever seeing so many posts from new people looking to
buy a DeLorean.

> Are we SURE there's a recession?!?? What gives?

Notice they are mostly young pip-squeeks like myself (19 yrs)?
Teenagers are too dumb to stop buying sh*t during a recession. We are
what is keeping America alive (j/k)!!!
Hell, Abercrombie & Fitch is doing well dispite the last few year's
economic downturn.

When I joined the list back in 2001 after the purchase of my first D,
it seemed like I was the only young'un, below 25 years, around. Now
all these young guys are all about buying a DeLorean. More power to
them, if they can do it!
I think some of you DMLers out there under-estimate the ability of
the younger potential DMC-owners to handle the car's social and
monetary responsiblity. But by that token, many of us younger DMC
owners (or soon to be owners) probably under-estimate(d) it. I know I
did at first!
It is VERY sound advice to BE PATIENT! I never should have bought my
first D, I could have found a far better one for less money if I'd
have done my research and looked around a bit more. I was seeing her
through rose-colored glasses; as I'm sure all of you potential owners
(young and old) will.
Be careful. Trust the wise men of DeLoreandom (Steger, Wynne, Grady,
amoung many many others). Vendors are out to make a buck too, but are
far more "on your side" and far more knowledable than some random DMC
owner.

Good luck to all you potential owners!
James L 4009