Oil Drain Plug

Not to sound like an advertistment for someone but Special-T-Auto sells a oil drain plug with a 17mm hex end on it so that you no longer need to find a correct male end. I just bought one and am waiting it's arrival....I do have the "snap-on" part that fits the OEM plug perfectly but it's alway a hassle finding the hole. Also has anyone tried the new FRAM plugs that have the oil drain hose. It seems like you simply twist on the drain hose and it releases the catch and starts to drain. I'm not sure which model number it is for the FRAM drain plug but it seems like a neat idea if it actually works. This would also eliminate having engine oil shooting out all over the rear frame member (I currently cover mine with aluminum foil when draining so I only have to take off the foil when done)

link:

http://www.specialtauto.com/engine.shtml

Tom #005732