Re: [DML] The 80's The Origin of Car Names

Mike Q. wrote:

> Group here is a page that has a listing of all car manufacturers and where
> there names come from.

[SNIP]

Please don't turn this into a thread! Off the top of my head I can think of half a dozen
more car companies named for their founders that aren't on that list! Naming a car
company after yourself was once a very common practice.

I would not be surprised if JZD goes down in history as the last American to name a
mass-produced car after himself, though. And yes, the DeLorean's factory was big enough
to count as "mass production" in the automotive world.

- Mike Substelny