Re: [DML] Questions about Deloreans/Prospective New Owner

Re: [DML] Questions about Deloreans/Prospective New Owner

Greg,

Geez, how is that 308 to work on? That's a car on my "to-do" list. Working on the DMC
should be a breeze after having done so on the Esprit, since you're already accustomed
to the funny suspension and underrated electricals. :-)

The DeLorean car has a few well-documented weak spots (trailing arm bolts, etc.) that
are pretty simple to check and correct. Other than that, it's been a fairly reliable
car for me and others.

The last thing you'll need to fret over is the engine, unless you want to tinker the HP
up (and I imagine you will, given your other vehicles). It all seems straightforward
enough until you get to something like adjusting the torsion bars on the gullwing doors,
which requires special tools, at least two other people and, at minimum, a half-case of
beer.

Gus Schlachter
VIN# 4695
Austin, TX