Re: Snow/Winter tyres.

Viktor,

Go for it. Driving a Delorean in the snow can be a blast, but save
the real fun for open spaces like empty, snow packed parking lots.
The Delorean handles quite well in the snow with the right tires.
I would recommend using an old set of stock rims for less headaches.

If you were in the States, I would recommend going with Bridgestone
Blizzaks (WS-50) or the Michelin Artic Alpine snow tires. I usually
use one size smaller tires for winter use, 185/60-14 and 225/60-15.
Both manufacturers carry these sizes and stock sizes as well.
I ran Blizzaks on a Merkur XR4ti in the late 90's with good results.
I ran Dunlop Graspics on my 944 over the last few years with very
good results and am currently running a set of Goodyear winter tires
on my 928, although I know that this model has been discontinued.

But since you are in Sweden, I would highly recommend looking into
the Nokian Hakkapeliitta 1 series tires (or is it tyres). These
tires are fantastic and most of the people in my local Porsche club
give them very high praise. I am currently running them on my Ford
Mustang GT (225/60-15) and my VW Corrado (195/50-15). Last I had
checked, front sizes are available in 185/60-14 and 195/60-15, but
the only close rear size is the 225/60-15 my Mustang GT is running.
I have found that narrower tires are usually better for winter use.

Of course, this rule does not apply to the D Rex (44 x 19.5 x 15)

Have fun, but try to keep the salt off and the stainless straight.

Later,
Rich W.