Re: [DML] New to the group

Thanks for the info :),
as far as learning to work on the car is that a complicated task or
not, ie how big is the learning curve? I am a bright guy just never
worked on cars much (didnt care enough). If I had a Delorean i would,
and would like to learn so that I could do it my self..

Does any one know of any mechanics in San Diego CA, that have worked
on deloreans? Where do you start looking for those? just calling car
mechanics and asking doesn't seem like the best approach but the only
one I can think of right now.

John

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RJRavalli@xxxx wrote:
> John, how much time you will have to put into the car, or any older
car, and whether or not you should feel comfortable driving it around
often, will depend on a number of major things. I think the first
thing most DMLers will tell you is that it depends on how well the
previous owner(s) have kept up on the car and have put time and money
into it. If you get a "project" DeLorean, then obviously you will
have to put that in yourself, and the car may be sitting for long
periods of time.

> But a decently kept DeLorean will run well for you and is amazingly
not that difficult to take care of. As you may be able to tell from
the list and the vendors that are out there, most parts are easily
available. Labor costs can hit you hard if you don't do your own
work, but otherwise people's perception of the car as needing
*constant* attention and huge amounts of money is somewhat
misguided. After all, it's just A CAR, and just like any older car,
they will need attention from time to time.