[DML] Re: How can I remove small dings in the SS?

[DML] Re: How can I remove small dings in the SS?

Jim - It depends on exactly where the dings are relative to the
fiberglass understructure, but the best way *may* be to cut small
holes in the fiberglass to access the stainless, and then patch the
fiberglass after the repair is complete. The technician from Dent
Wizard told me that he had to do that sort of thing on occasion. The
goal is to locate the access holes such that they can be repaired
without being "obvious". If the dents are in an area with the
carpeting glued to the underside of the hood, you can peel the carpet,
cut the hole, repair the dent, and then simply glue a plug back into
the hole. The carpet would then hide the patch. When the dent is
located where a rib is, the same thing can be done, but then you'd
want to do a little better patch job on the fiberglass. Bottomline
would be to get some guidance from the technicians as far as what they
think is practical. As far as your question is concerned - separating
the stainless from the fiberglass ... I don't really know the answer
to that. I have no experience with it. Perhaps somebody else on the
List who has done that sort of thing can give us some input?

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1