Re: [DML] Re: Rough idle

> "Distant helicopter"? Could one of your spark plugs have come loose
> from the head? Missing spark plug makes a "poop poop" noise.

I thought it may be a loose plug, but the problem goes away when I rev the
engine. It only sounds like it's misfiring at idle.

> Weren't you idling @ 1,400 a couple of days ago? How'd you get rpms
> back to normal?

My idle does drop after a while. After lubricating the cable I can play
with the spring and it will return to idle. It still sticks, but I'm making
progress. I still physically have to get out and play with it before I shut
it off. The high idle has been welcome after the vibrations of the normal
idle speed. I'm going to go over everything people have suggested so far.
My next project is the injectors. I'll let you know what I find on Monday
or Tuesday, as time allows.

payne
devoted owner of #2975