Re: 1697 -- free advice can be worth what you pay

Re: 1697 -- free advice can be worth what you pay

I just wanted to point out that free advice is sometimes worth
exactly what you pay for it. I have been especially surprised at the
abundance of free advice regarding VIN 1697 and its unfortunate
demise.

It is truly amazing that so many on the list have the skills required
to determine what is involved in repairing the wreck based on a half-
dozen exterior photos. I suspect that many of the postings on this
thread are baseless wild speculation provided in some cases by folks
that may never have undertaken the repair in question. I remind DML
readers to gauge the credibility of the sources as part of
determining the value of the advice provided on this list.

Further posts on this topic telling James what he should do will be
dropped. Postings on this topic tell James HOW to do something will
be welcome. For example, posting indicating where he can get X, Y, Z,
or how he can determine FOO are fine. Postings blindly decreeing that
the car is perfectly repairable and should be fixed at any cost will
be considered opinion rather than helpful information.

Knut (speaking for myself only)