Re: Fan Fail

The things that would cause the fans to run immediatly on start-up are
1) the A/C is turned on and running (it overrides the otterstadt
switch)
2) the otteratdt switch is bad.
Turn off the A/C and pull the wires to the otterstadt switch. This
should keep the fans from running. Put the wires back on the
otterstadt switch and try again but it probably should be replaced.
I would also replace the fan fail relay. A bypass is better but the
Fanzilla is best. The bypass wire won't operate the fan fail light and
it will eventually burn up.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757