Re: [DML] Fuel pump , Lack of power

In a message dated 10/29/02 12:26:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cp@xxxx writes:

> My question is, where is a dirty pug or contact between
> the power supply and fuel pump?

This is not likely to answer your problem, but it reminds me of a similar
situation on my D. When I replaced my fuel pump boot I noticed an extra
ground wire crudely spliced in to the harness. Tracing it back, I found the
inertia switch had been bypassed. I'm guessing that in the past, the switch
had been in the wrong position, and a "clever" mechanic, not realizing how it
works, had run the extra wire. (Depriving me of that particular safety
feature.) I plugged the inertia switch socket back in, made sure the plunger
was in the correct position, removed the extra wire, and by golly, it works!
I assume you've checked the continuity on your inertia switch?

Wayne A. Ernst
11174