Re: Tracking Origin

THE place to go is DMC Houston. Talk to James Espey. Be prepared for
disappointment. When DMC went bankrupt most of the records were
disposed of. There is precious little left to document a particular
Delorean. You may have better luck researching State Division of Motor
Vehicle records if you can trace ownership. Many States don't keep
records for long so you will probably hit a dead end there too. You
may be able to get some of the service records as the Delorean venders
keep records on the service work they perform on cars by vin #. Some
even keep track of parts sales by vin #. Contact the nearest "D"
venders to where you know the car was and they might be able to help.
Previous owners are your best source of the info you are looking for.
They can get you back to at least the origional selling dealer.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxx> wrote:

> I want to find the origin of my Delorean. I want to know what day it
rolled out of the plant, how long it sat on the docks, how long it sat
in Quality Assurance Center's, what dealer it went to first?
> Does anyone know where I can find this type of information? The car
had to have left a paper trail as it went along, but where are those
papers?