Re: gas mileage anyone?

Gas mileage is subject to a lot of variables. These include:
Automatic or 5-speed
Tire size and type and pressure
Alignment or lack of
Driving style or lack of
Geography like San Francisco or Phoenix
City or highway driving
Weather
State of tune of the engine [VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!!!!!]
I have found my automatic to average approx 20 miles/gallon and I
personally know of 5-speeds that average 26 miles/gallon. In general a
5-speed will get significantly better mileage especially with highway
driving because of the overdrive ratio in 5th gear. Unless you plan on
putting a lot of miles on the car you really don't need to be
concerned with mileage. The main reason to watch it is if anything is
going wrong with the car the mileage is a sure indication of a problem
if it changes significantly. This is good advice on any car you drive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxx> wrote:
> I have read a bunch of conflicting statistics for the DeLoreans gas
mileage what is the usual gas consumption rate?It cant be any worse
than the ford fairmont I owned once,it really sucked gas like a tank
it was an inline 6cyl carbeurated.I am probably going to drive my D
around alot so I need to know how much its gonna cost to feed the
beast.