Re: A few quick questions

Oh, I forgot to say why I thought it was the motor mount. The car
just had a $12,000 engine rebuild @ Delorean one less that 100 miles
ago with a few other things as well "I looked at the invoice and
thought for a second it was from Ferrari of Beverly Hills." They
remachined everything and went over the whole engine pretty much but
get this..... only one of the two motor mounts is new. I guess
mistakes happen in the garage and that's understandable but just
thought both would be replaced go figure. Back to the transmission,
thank you very much David. I will look at the first thing as it's a
major concern for me and I appreciate the help. While on the subject
of the shifter gate what's easiest way to get access to is? Just
remove the screw and pull up or do I need to take the whole console
out of the car?

Matthew Stits
Vin 0789

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> Your first question: shakes @ idle & at speed. You probably need a
> tune-up and get the motor correctly set-up at idle. Engine mounts
will
> not cause this.
> Second question on shifting: There is no interlock between the
brakes
> and the shifter like on most modern cars. There is a shifter gate
> keep you from moving the gear selector from Park to reverse and
> neutral to reverse without pressing the release on the gear
selector.
> If the shifter gate isn't operational it may only need to be
> disassembled and cleaned.
> David Teitelbaum
> vin 10757 Automatic

[long quote snipped by moderator]