Re: [DML] Bill's melted catalytic converter

Re: [DML] Bill's melted catalytic converter

I've had my cold start valve wired to my full throttle enrichment switch
ever since I ran a turbo charger which has since been removed. It does dump
a considerable amount of fuel ( enough to kill a idling engine if the switch
is activated ) but the distribution is uneven and all cylinders don't get
the same mix of fuel. I really haven't noticed any performance gain with the
exception of taking an extra gallon of fuel at fill ups when running with
other Deloreans. The only reason I did this with the turbo was an attempt to
cool the combustion temperature and it really didn't help that much. Also,
it's a bad idea if you're still using a catalytic converter as the extra
fuel will cause high temps in the converter. I really need to restore the
cold start circuit to it's original configuration now that I don't have a
turbo and I'd advise you not to waste the time trying it.

Bruce Benson