Re: help!

I would guess that the problem is ignition related. You really should
see a nice fat blue spark. If it has been a long time since a tune-up
(if ever) then that is where I would start. If the ignition wires are
breaking down, the coil is weak, and the gap on the spark plugs is
opening up from wear, this would cause the motor to run progressivly
worse until it won't run at all. To rule out a fuel problem you could
squirt a LITTLE ether (starting fluid) in the intake while it's
cranking. Before you try it pull up the inertia switch to keep the
fuel pump off so you won't flood the engine. If you don't get even a
pop then you know it's an ignition problem.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757