Re: [DML] One of a kind Delorean-Pilot Car

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, piason@xxxx wrote:
> An addition to my last message is. I guess I should have
> said that all the vendors that looked at the car said
> that it very well COULD be a pilot car but all would
> need to see it on a lift and examine it closer.
> Although Ed from D-1 was not convinced or have any
> evidence that would suggest that it was anything more
> than a car that has been modified.
> Ah but this kind of debate is what makes our cars
> special.
> Gary

Cut and Dry---If it never got Factory vin plates it never left the
factory(01-499) or Lotus testing grounds,(or other testing/crashing
facilities)all cars that departed the factory and went overseas
started with vin #500.The first prototypes do not count as they WERE
built in the USA.Example:the fiberglass bodied Deloreans that Lotus
used as test vehicles,(also the ONLY factory authorized painted
deloreans)painted by Lotus.

Claude
00570