DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Tour Info

All who plan on attending the DeLorean Mid-Atlantic Fall Foliage Tour on October 19/20, please read this ENTIRE message.. (The rest of you can hit DELETE now)

I have spoken to the Westin people to clear up some of the confusion about the hotel.

1. If you booked a reservation for the Marriott at 201 Village Blvd in Princeton at the special rate of $105 including breakfast, you are all set. They have 12 reservations that were moved from the Marriott system to the Westin system. You can call Westin and confirm if you like, but it is not required.

2. If you booked a reservation for the "Princeton Marriott" at $79 a night, you are currently booked at the Courtyard hotel about 5 miles from where the rest of the group will be staying. If you want to change your reservation, cancel with Marriott and book your room with Westin (888-627-7036). Tell them you are with the DeLorean group, and you will be fine. Because ofthe confusion, they have extended our deadline to October 4 and have givenus an additional 5 rooms. (We have 20 set aside for us now, there are only 8 left so CALL NOW!)

3. Some may choose not to stay at the Westin. The Marriott Courtyard is about 5 miles away. There are a number of other hotels in the immediate area you can also use that are closer. I suggest doing a Yahoo yellow pages search for hotels with 201 Village Blvd in Princeton as your starting point to get distances.

If you are staying at another hotel (or home, for the locals) MAKE SURE MIKE KNOWS, because we have been basing our group size on the number of sold rooms.

SATURDAY EVENT:

For those who have never been to Lamington Farms, it is located near Route 206 and Route 286 on Lamington Road (567 Lamington Road) in Bedminster (07921). Please show up as close to 11AM as possible, dont come too early out of respect for the current residents. The driveway is easy to miss, so we will hopefully have some kind of marker there that makes it obvious. Be warned, the driveway is all dirt, and over a mile long so your car WILL GET DIRTY. (Then Dave can show you how to clean it during his detailing talk!).

We will have access to the home in the earlier part of the day, but later in the afternoon it is likely the building will be locked up. We have gotten permission to use the property for the afternoon. (Lets just hope it does not rain). Rob Grady will give a tech talk, Dave will go over detailing tips, and Mike has planned some kind of blind racing thing.... I dunno either, I am going to wait and see!

For the brave, Kevin would like to fly over the house to take some photos. He is looking for daredevil partners, so if you have a strong stomach contact him. I'll just look at the photos. :)

CHANGE OF DINNER PLANS:

The Back In Time cafe was unable to handle our group, so thanks to Kevin Abato, we have reserved space at 6:30PM for 30 people at "Good Time Charlie's" which is about a mile from the hotel. It will be a pay your own way dinner, with burgers and sandwiches for under $10 and full entries for $16-$20.

Making the drive from Bedminster to Princeton earlier will give us an better opportunity to enjoy the "Fall Foliage" (yea, thats what this tour is for!) on the drive. Kevin is also planning the scenic route we will take.

It is important that we have an accurate count of people for dinner, to give the final number a week in advance. If you have not already, please sendmail to Mike Deluca (turbodmc"at"hotmail.com) and let him know you will bejoining us. A accurate count will also help finalize the plans for the tour and afternoon events at Lamington Farms.