Re: Overheating/rising temp since A/C Charge

Re: Overheating/rising temp since A/C Charge

The origional otterstadt switch seems to go bad sometime before it is
20 years old. If it is leaking, origional or the fans don't seem to
come on soon enough it is time to change it. If installing a Fanzilla
it is recommended it be changed at the same time. When installing a
new otterstadt switch remove the seal, clean with a little
scotch-brite and put the seal and switch in with NO SEALER. Make sure
the clip is still there or at least use a strap-tie to hold the switch
in. If you have an early set-up with the switch on top of the pipe
modify the pipe and get the hoses to work like the later version so
there is no air bubble trapped under the switch.
If the switch is coated with crud you have much bigger problems since
the crud is probably all throughout your cooling system. Drain, flush
and refill with fresh anti-freeze if it is over 2 years old. If you
have the origional hoses and seals you have a big job replacing them
all including the water pump.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "The Atkinson Family" <mikeatk@xxxx> wrote:
> Just curious, how often should the otterstadt switch be replaced.
Can the