Re: Speedometer cable question

The first place to start is to pull off the front left wheel and check
the plastic drive disc that is captured between the rim and the hub.
Make sure it won't slip and the square hole inside isn't rounded out
causing the square drive cable in the center of the hub to slip. Next
disconnect the cable from the angle drive and make sure it isn't
binding or skipping and then lubricate it. Check that the lower speedo
support is not missing or bent. Make sure there are no sharp bends or
kinks in the lower speedo cable, turn the wheel lock to lock and check
in all positions. If these tips don't help you may have a bent cable
or one of the ends is damaged. Pull the inner cable out and lay it on
the floor. It should lay flat and straight, if it doesn't then it will
whip when it turns causing a bouncing speedo needle. Lubricate and
reinstall. Generally the problems happen in parts before the lambda
counter, in the angle drive and lower speedo cable.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757