[DML] question on pulling an engine, Thank you everyone!!!! Shes out!

[DML] question on pulling an engine, Thank you everyone!!!! Shes out!

EUREKA!
The engine is now out! It all comes down to the
protector plate behind the starter. once I slid the
starter off I saw the plate. the plate was a little
snug but with a little wiggel it poped off and the
engine slid forward seconds after, good thing I had
the engine hoise attached. the plate on the drivers
side is missing and the plate underneath that protects
the flyweel is also gone, interesting point here is
there seems to of been some frustration on the part of
a mechanic at some point. the plate was broken off
leaving all 4 studs still attached.

The engine slid out with no problem, never even broke
a sweat, cleared the bell houseing with no problem. No
hangups this time. they were sneaky with that plate
hehe. unfortunetly the right engine mount was
deteriorated and fell apart upon removal. the rubber
seperated from the metal part that cradels the engine
block. thats the only casulty so far.

Thank you everyone for all your great advice! Everyone
was right on the money. I love the DML, without it I'd
be scratching my head and frustrated. Thank you
Everybody!!!!!!

Todd
Vin5386

Yahoo! - We Remember