The D gods granted me wish #1...

Thanks for the replies so far...

To update my story some blame has to point on myself. Any battery
will only take so much cranking until it gets low. Decided to let it
charge up slowly for a good 24 hours. First turn of the key today I
had fuel pump buzzing and seconds later it started. Nothing feels
better after 2 months of troubleshooting. Drove it for 20-25 minutes
and it ran great. I would recommend the D150 alternator and Fan Fail
Fix 2x2 from John Hervey. I saw a definate improvement in power,
never dipped below 14V. Sadly I'm on to round two and probably the
cronic illness this car has, and why it was parked long ago...

It was running great for half an hour or so and while cruising my car
died suddenly. Just like something electric went out instantly.
Parked on a side street and turned the key, fuel pump works this
time. No fuses blown, all the gauges looked good at the time. It just
won't fire. I had my multimeter in the back so I did a resistance
check on the pulse coil - 715 ohms. Thought this was a bit high. Over
the next couple minutes it lost an ohm a minute. I suspect it is
getting heated up and flaking out on me. Came back two hours later,
read 650 ohms and dropping. Is this normal or should it read 600+/-
all the time???

It's back safely in the garage, left me stranded again... but the
first half hour drive in two months felt great. Drive stainless when
you can. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks again!

Matt Metzinger
Arkansas City, KS 67005
VIN 961 - KS Tag: TIMELES