The DeLorean Comunity

This is Mike A. from the DeLorean Mailing List. I am still just an aspiring owner at the moment, but let me tell you... The DeLorean is one hell of a car and community to be a part of. Parts are still everywhere to include DMC Houston, P.J. Grady New York, DeLorean Motor Center and DeLorean One California, Specialty Automotive, Special T Auto, and a slew of others. SS with dents can be fixed by any SS expert out there and the grain refinished. Volvo dealers out there are willing to work on the engine, and as you have been reading this, general advice from a rather huge community is an email away. Some may be speculative, but everybody means well. True tech information is available from all the above mentioned placed and more for free. With only several thousand cars out there, these people do not chose to work in this area for the love of money. The heart takes over and it is done for the love of the car, with enough potential owners out there to hold a decent business. Personally, I could not think of a better classic fun car. The price is great, whatever you put into it will come back to you if you sell it, part are available everywhere, whatever parts are exhausted, new one are constantly being made (switches, door struts, door handles, etc.), and the car draws as much attention or more than a Ferrari or Porsche. In fact, the lame Flux capacitor jokes are probably the worst part of owning the car! Just about every owner on the list could probably vouch for that. List,email me otherwise, I would like to know what is worse! It's the only serious bitching and moaning that goes on here! (Not that I'm complaining, it's hysterical to read.) I'll include a list of good web sites that provide great parts, service, and tech advice. It's my accumulation of sites and list, if I missed any, please add. Best of luck to you in your search for your fun car, and God Speed.

-Mike
VIN# - Working on that....

The vendor Web Pages:
www.delorean.com
www.pjgrady.com
www.deloreanparts.com
www.delorean-parts.com
www.delorean-steel-products.com
www.specialtauto.com
www.deloreanmotorcenter.com
www.deloreanone.com
www.delorean-cars.com
www.midstatedmc.com
www.deloreanservices.com and www.dmc.tv
www.pearcedesign.com
www.dmc-service.nl

O.K. list, what did I miss? There has to be other vendors outside of the U.S.