Re: Hoses replaced, still leaking

Reasons for a leak on the left pipe:
Loose hose clamp
Defective hose or incorrect hose
Corrosion on pipe not cleaned off before replacing hose
Crack or some other defect on end of pipe
Leaking otterstadt switch seal
If the fan belt cut into the hose then the coolant will run down to
the pipe looking like a leak from the pipe.
The way to do this is to get a pressure tester, pump up the system a
little and find the source of the leak.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, RJRavalli@xxxx wrote:
> I recently had my hoses replaced and am still having a pretty
substantial leak from my left engine coolant hose. It seems to be
coming right from where the hose goes into the pipe. Is this just a
clamp problem or is something else going on?