Re: DeLorean Renting

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I've been approached by an ad firm that wants to use my DeLorean as
the actual BTTF DeLorean to promote the release of the BTTF Trilogy
on DVD.

> So - for all of those who have "been there, done that"...
>
> How much money did you get for renting out your DeLorean?

Stian (& others considering renting their DeLorean):

After I had "been there, done that"... and loaned my D for a BTTF
event FOR FREE, I read on the DML that the going rate to lease was
$2,600. a day. Of course, you'll have to give them a "quantity"
discounted rate since it's for 1 1/2 months rather than miss the
opportunity to put your car to work for you. After all, at that
price they could afford to buy almost 6 cars to keep or throw away
when they're done with 'em! I'd settle for $100 a day because it's
more than the car makes in the garage right now!

Here in the U.S. the BTTF DVD Trilogy will be released on December
17, 2002 and if we get a cross-promotion opportunity with our local
video rental chain, I'll post the info so "the owners" can negotiate
a fair rental fee nationwide if they're interested

Cheryl Wester
St. Peters, MO