Steering Rack Problem (or: It's payday, and my car knows!).

Steering Rack Problem (or: It's payday, and my car knows!).

Yesterday, my garage floor was dry as a bone. But now it seems that I have a
bit of oil on the ground. Feeling around, and then confirming visually, it would
appear that my steering rack is leaking on the passenger side. And the leak is
quite bad!

So the question here is this: Is there anything that I can do to temporarily stop
the leak to prehaps prolong the life of my steering rack a bit longer? I'm not
being cheap, or anything like that. But if something is worth doing, it's worth
doing right, and I'd like to try and save a bit of cash up first to also nab the Tie-
Rod Ends, the Busings, the Steering Shaft, and of course the alignment that
I'm going to need afterwards at the same time. If it means anything, the boots
on the rack are in great condition, but the passenger side one that's leaking is
a bit loose on the rack.

In the mean time, steering feels just fine, and is just as smooth as it's ever
been.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"