Re: Woodward Ave DreamCruise 2002

To reiterate and add to what Chuck said . . . the size IS unbelievable. Close to
if not over 16 miles of bumper to bumper fun! North bound on Woodward Ave was an
average speed of 2mph-3mph while southbound was 25mph - 40mph. It was neat being
behind Tom and Chuck to hear people's comments about the Ds. Most were positive
on how cool the cars were and "you don't see them anymore". Only a few smart
mouths made cocaine jokes but I set them straight with the PA on my CB. ( My
friend in his Vette behind me didn't get to hear those comments because after
that the people were too busy laughing at my car. I replaced the grill of my Ford
Festiva with sharp teeth and taped over the lights to form eyes. Since it is
yellow with a CB antenna people were calling it the Killer Bee. ) Cameras were
snapping everywhere and the DeLoreans were one of the few cars people poped up
out of their chairs to take pictures of.

We only saw two other DeLoreans there. One was at 11mile @ 4:30pm with only the
passenger door up. The other one a woman was driving. Anybody else on the DML
make it down with their D? Eric G? John (ViperJS)? Marvin Stein - did you go
100miles to the show or to the yacht?

It was also great to meet DMLer James LaLonde for dinner at the Crackerbarrel.
Next time make sure you get that day off so you can go to the cruise!

All in all it was a great day and plenty of great cars were out. No car trouble
or accidents during our trip all though we did see a General Lee replica spill
coolant and heard of an old lady turning into a T-Bucket - OUCH.
Eventhough the Killer Bee was a crowd pleaser I will finally have my D next year
and will be driving that instead!

Shannon Y
VIN# < [less than] 10 months to go

Message: 8