Re: How much HP will the tranny, cluch, and chassis take??

Re: How much HP will the tranny, cluch, and chassis take??

Casey, I feel the transmission and clutch system can handle any HP
you can put in the car. But what will happen if someone makes you mad
and you forget the HP you have and you want to show off. CenterForce
or standard, something will have to give. Better it be the clutch
system. Because if you put in a better clutch and it holds then
something in the transmission will give. I now have had 3 situations
in manual trans where the clutch shaft has broken and striped the
gears. PN#103071. Try to find one. Clutches are cheap. Stick with
standard and let it be the Weakest Link.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello all, I am planning on building my stock motor for high
performance. I am curious as to if any of you know what kind of
Horsepower and torque the tranny will take, I once heard 275. I am
not the pop the clutch at 5,000rpm kind of guy and am very smooth
driver so is 300 too much what about 350, and 400? Also, I know I can
get a centerforce clutch, what kind of power will that take before it
starts to slip? Are there any other clutches you know of. And one
last thing, will the chassis be able to cope with this. Thanks in
advance.