Re: Cooling Fan doesnt kick on - SOMETIMES

Re: Cooling Fan doesnt kick on - SOMETIMES

I think your immediate troubles are caused by the circuit breaker.
To bulletproof the cooling system electrically I would do the
following:
Change the 2 circuit breakers for the cooling and heater fans to the
higher capacity
Yank the Fan Fail Relay or whatever you currently have installed and
get a Fanzilla
Replace the Otterstadt switch and seal (make sure you have the clip or
at least a strap-tie on it)
As long as you are going over the cooling system I also recomend the
following:
Replace the fan belts and idler pulley bearings
Install the self-bleeder
Install the metal header tank
Replace or at least test the pressure cap
Add a coolant recovery system
If you have the older piping system with the Otterstadt switch on top
change to the later version with the switch on the bottom.
When you are all done pressure test to 15 psi for 15 min, there must
be no leaks. During normal use you should never have to add coolant,
if you do then you still have leaks most likely behind the water pump,
either a hose or a seal on the distribution pipe.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757